At Harradines Removals and Storage, we have a proven commitment to carrying out our services in the most environmentally friendly way possible, implementing a first rate recycling and green policy throughout our practices.
As well as setting up an efficient waste audit, ensuring that all unwanted items are either recycled or donated to worthy charities, we also work hard to keep our green credentials in other areas. For example, all of our HGV vehicles are less than 5 years old to ensure that harmful emissions are as low as possible, and our hardworking staff are encouraged to cycle or walk into work.
We also specialise in providing audits to certify that customers have met the requirements for safe Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) recycling, disposing of their computer and other electronic apparatus in the most secure way possible.
These practices, along with the recycling of all card and paper used in our services as standard, have led to Harradines achieving both the bronze and silver prizes as part of the Southwark Council’s Environmental Business Awards scheme 2010 – the only removals company to achieve such recognition.
We developed an enviromental policy and have:
- Completed a waste audit, setting up as many recycling streams as possible, eg collecting and donating unwanted furniture to charity
- Committed to the ongoing education of staff on reducing energy and water consumption
- Developed an environmentally aware transport plan, including encouraging staff to cycle to work and take part in the London to Brighton cycle race, raising money for charity. 95% of our staff cycle or walk to work – we provide secure lock up bicycle space for them
- Completed a water audit and achieved a reduction of over 5% in water consumption. We will carry out a biannual audit
- Completed an energy audit and are aiming to reduce our energy consumption by 10% in 2011
- Reduced emissions from vehicles, as per the Low Emissions Zone requirements, and encouraged fuel efficient methods of driving. All our HGV vehicles are less than five years old. All are regularly inspected and well-maintained
- Committed to recycling all the card packaging and paper packing used on jobs and in our offices
- Signed up to the international 10:10 campaign
Get in touch today for more information about Harradines recycling practices, or with any queries about any of our services – 020 7639 1647.