Often the key to a successful move, the packing process should be given the utmost attention. Harradines offer an extensive full or part packing service, providing either total pre-move boxing and wrapping or the materials to do so yourself – completely free of charge on a short-term loan basis.
Our fully trained team are experienced with all aspects of packing for removals, including delicate handling of all fragile items, such as glassware and antiques, and dismantling large furniture items.
Our packing services even stretch to the removal of all blinds and curtains, protective covers for your mattresses, individual wrapping of all glasses, china and breakables to keep them safe and secure, carpet protection for stairs and hallways at your new property and even piano moves!
All the packing materials – from crates, bubble wrap and tape to wrapping paper and labels – are of the highest quality, and our boxes are double walled for extra strength. If you opt to carry out packing for yourself, we can provide all materials free of charge until the move is complete, even collecting them from your new home a few days after you move in.
With over 50 years in the industry, Harradines have the experience to cater for all packing needs, and all of our work is accredited and vetted to a high standard by the National Guild of Movers and Storers.
Get in touch today to discuss your packing and materials options.
Harradines’ Packing Materials
|SMALL||18 inch||18 inch||10 inch||1.88||Books, paperwork, toiletries food|
|MEDIUM||18 inch||18 inch||20 inch||3.75||Glass, china, kitchen, shoes, toys|
|LARGE||18 inch||18 inch||30 inch||5.6||Lamps, statues, toys, garden tools|
- Paper/bubble furniture wraps
- Wrapping paper
- Custom built wooden export crates
- Sofa/mattress covers
- Hanging garment carriers
- Chandelier carrying frames
- Individual wrapping of all glass, china and breakables, pictures and mirrors
- Never overfill boxes
- Make sure that every box is clearly labelled with the contents and room it’s intended for
- If it fits in a box, put it in a box
- Always pack fragile items vertically
- Place a bed of scrunched paper across the bottom of boxes containing plates or glass and fill any gaps with more paper to prevent movement during the move
- Tape each box closed
- Mark each box clearly, eg ‘Open first’, ‘Storage/loft’