How to choose the right storage company
You wouldn’t let a stranger house-sit your property, so why would you leave all your belongings and treasured possessions with a storage company you know nothing about?
This article will serve to explain the factors you must take into consideration when looking to choose the right storage company.
- Adequate security measures must be put in place to ensure your items are kept safe and secure. Look out for units with PIN code entry and CCTV equipment for optimum security.
- Depending on your requirements, check whether the company offers long term/short term contracts. If you are moving house, renovating, going to uni or moving abroad, you may need some extra space on a short or long term basis, so check which facilities can store your belongings for as short or long as you need.
- The location of your unit must be easily accessible anytime you need. There must also be sufficient access for your removal vehicle to enter the self-storage site and drop off your goods.
- The units available must be the correct size for your belongings – be aware that you may need to increase or decrease the space you rent in the future so check whether these storage facilities will be able to accommodate for this. It is recommended that you get touch with storage experts who can advise you on what storage size with best suit your specifications.
- The design of the units must suit the goods you are storing. For example, if you are storing valuable items, either personal or monetary, you require an enclosed unit so nobody can see what is inside.
- Climate control in the facility must be suitable for the requirements of your items. This is particularly important if you are looking to store upholstered items or archive documents as a few months in a damp or humid environment will cause major damage.
- Further to this, the units must be kept clean and well-maintained to avoid any risk of your items being ruined.
Finally, it is strongly recommended that you check for any accreditations associated with the storage companies you are researching. This reflects recognition from industry peers for providing efficient, clean and secure storage facilities tailored to the requirements of customers. To ensure they live up to these accreditations or to take a first hand look at the units available, why not visit some local self-storage facilities and check them out before you choose?
Here at Harradines Removals, we provide premium quality self-storage options for highly competitive prices across Dulwich, Bromley, Greenwich and surrounding areas. Our fully alarmed storage facilities are particularly ideal for commercial customers looking to keep their goods and equipment safe and secure during a relocation.
We are dedicated to delivering high standards to each and every one of our customers, which is why we are Guild inspected and approved every year by independent inspectors. Features of our facilities include:
- Extensive CCTV coverage
- Available at short notice with no minimum or maximum stay
- Easy access and quick to locate
For free expert advice or to rent a unit, simply give our friendly team a call or contact us online today!