Moving House? Don’t Forget to Inform These People!
When you’re moving home there are a million and one things to think about – from the bigger things, such as packing up all of your furniture and belongings, to the more menial tasks, including labelling boxes correctly. In addition to this, however, there are also a number of people, organisations and companies who will need to be made aware of your move and, while the majority of your move can be left to an experienced removals company, informing all of these people of your change of address is down to you.
It’s worth remembering that the importance of completing this task is vast and, while at best you might not receive all the Christmas cards intended for your letterbox, at worst you could face hefty bills from utility companies that aren’t meant for you!
Here at Harradines we understand that informing all of these people is yet another thing to cram into your already hectic schedule and, while actually informing them is fairly simple, remembering who to get in touch with can be a complex and confusing process.
However, as home removals specialists we strive to make moving home as simple and stress-free as possible and, as such, have compiled a list of all the people you may need to inform of your house move – all you need to do is tick them off as you go along!
Services and Utility Companies
- Water provider
- Gas provider e.g. British Gas, EDF Energy, NPower
- Electricity provider e.g. SSE, E.ON, ScottishPower
- TV licencing
- TV/satellite/cable company e.g. Sky, Virgin Media, BT Vision
- Telephone and internet (broadband) provider e.g. BT, Virgin Media, talktalk
- Mobile phone company e.g. 02, Vodafone, EE, Three
Financial Companies / Organisations
- Banks, e.g. Lloyds, TSB, Natwest, HSBC, Santander
- Building societies e.g. Nationwide
- Credit card company
- Local council tax department
- Inland Revenue
- National Insurance Office
- Your employer
- Pension company
- Opticians e.g. Boots Opticians, Specsavers, Vision Express
- Additional health care providers – eg. physiotherapists, counsellors, midwife team
- Driver Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA)
- Vehicle registration
- Vehicle insurance e.g. SwiftCover, Churchill, Hastings Direct
- Breakdown company e.g. AA, RAC, Green Flag
- Friends and family
- Subscriptions (magazines, charities etc)
- Sports and social clubs
- Newsagents (eg. paper delivery)
Here at Harradines Removals we offer a comprehensive home removals and storage service, helping your house move be as efficient and straight-forward as possible. Our dedicated team will tailor a removals service to suit your specific requirements and even offer a dismantling, packing, moving and reassembly service for all your furniture and belongings.
For more information, and to receive a detailed quote based upon your precise needs, get in touch with the professional team at Harradines today!