Top 5 Tips for choosing the best storage company
When putting your possessions into self-storage facilities, it is essential that you know they are in safe hands for your total piece of mind. Typically, most storage companies offer similar services so be sure you have it clear in your mind what you require so you can find the ideal facilities to suit your needs. Factors to consider include:
– Temporary or long-term storage
– Option to share a facility with family or friends
– Whether there are any restrictions on the items you wish to store
Therefore, it is important that you look into what is on offer and find out which facilities are most suitable for your needs, including any budget or size constraints. We have put together the top 5 tips you need to take into consideration when choosing the best storage company for you…,
1. Security. This is often paramount for first-time self-storage users as understandably you want your possessions to be safe and secure with a company you can trust.
Most facilities will have CCTV cameras to guarantee optimum security, but it is crucial to find out whether they are on 24 hours a day and if they are consistently monitored. It is also important that the security cameras cover more than just the entrance to ensure all areas are guarded.
In terms of access to the facility, some will require a PIN code to gain entry, while for others you will encounter a manned reception or office. For the unit itself, it is important to note how sturdy the unit doors are and how well they are secured.
2. Cost. In the case of choosing a self-storage facility, low-cost may not always be the best option, especially if it is at the expense of other factors such as location or security. It is important to find out what the overall price you are given includes and whether you will need to pay a deposit fee.
Most storage places provide introductory offers which are a great way to attract new customers but make sure you remember to find out the terms and conditions and see what the price rates are when this discount expires, especially if you’re planning to stay beyond the offer period.
3. Size and suitability. It may seem obvious, but choosing a facility which can accommodate for the items you are putting into storage is vital. It is important to bear in mind that if you have a large quantity of items you wish to store, or think that you may need to store more belongings in the future, you need to make sure that the facility will be able to hold everything at the same time, or that there is room to use extra containers if necessary.
You must follow the guidelines put in place by the storage company regarding what their facilities are suitable for:
– Archive documents
– Office equipment
– Household furniture
– Excess commercial stock
– Antique items
4. Opening times. It is important to consider whether the opening times suit your personal needs, such as if you need access to your unit outside of normal business hours.
Some facilities offer 24-hour access which is ideal if you work unusual or long hours. Be sure to check weekend opening hours as some facilities may be closed or have reduced access, particularly on Sundays. Emergency access is also another factor to research into – whether a facility can open for extra time following prior arrangement and if this would incur an additional charge.
5. Location. Convenience and cost are two important factors when it comes to choosing a storage facility at the ideal location…
– If you are planning on visiting the facility a lot, it is advisable to choose one closer to home as it is easily accessible and cheaper overall, despite the expense of the unit itself.
– If you are only coming back to the storage unit every so often, you may want to branch out a bit further and look for cheaper facilities.
As one of the leading domestic and commercial removal and storage companies in South London, here at Harradines Removals we offer an extensive range of self-storage options at highly competitive prices across Dulwich, Bromley, Greenwich and the surrounding areas. Our fully alarmed storage facilities are also fully protected by extensive CCTV coverage, making it the ideal option for keeping your possessions safe and secure. We pride ourselves on our first class customer service and will tailor our services to fit with your storage requirements, giving you utmost flexibility and convenience. So for further information or advice about any of our services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team today.